Saturday, November 19, 2016

12 Joseph little more



I feel like I am leaving so much out, but I just want to grab your attention at the moment and give you an idea of the people in the bible

Now lets get back to where we were yesterday in summarizing what God has to say to you. I cant stress enough to you how wonderful a book the bible really is, I got myself a new bible delivered to me the day before yesterday. It’s the fifth bible I am about to read. And I know they are all the same words, but this one is a study bible, so I may get some more insight to God with this one. I am going to tell you its worth studying for a life time.,you will get it someday. For now I want to give you 7 reasons to why I think it’s a good thing for life for us little humans living here in this world. Seven being one of the strongest numbers in the bible, along with others like 3, and 12, but 7 being a big one. So here are some reasons I think are good.

Ya gotta do Right…… one of the reasons I read the bible was to find out what God says and how to obey Him. You know the Ten commandments, that is a good start but its certainly not all the Bible has to say about loving God and our friends, well our fellow man. Jesus teaches us the spirit of the law in the New Testament. A good story to read about obeying God is Joseph what I wrote to you in the last letter. He certainly had his share of hard times and difficult situations to deal with, but he was guided with the simple principle of obeying God and doing right by others around him.

So for number 2. I would say……. Ya have to submit to authority. I can think of many people in the bible who had gotten themselves thrown in prison or sentenced to death. Of course we have to submit to authority, cause its Mans law. We in this world just don’t like to submit to authority because we want to do things our own way, cant be done with God. Its His way or no way.

Now the third thing is to Love others. Love means doing right towards others. Love is not always easier or convenient. But Love is always right. Love may mean giving something at great personal sacrifice. Love is doing what is right and best for the other person in each situation. No matter what. Ya gotta love…..

Now forth will be. Be humble. God is touched by our humility. If we humble ourselves by not being proud or arrogant, not thinking we are better than anyone else, not thinking we are King Kahhoona.. then God loves that. If we humble ourselves before God, and confess our sins, He will hear our prayer and forgive our sins. Without this humility, we would still be in our sins. I am thinking of Pam, my friend that died two years ago almost to the day. She did not believe. She died without the Lord as her saviour because she refused to allow Christ to forgive her sins. She thought she could save herself with her own good works. She was one of the sweetest, kindest women I have ever met. Everyone loved Pam, yet she was too proud to allow Jesus Christ to forgive her for her sins. She would give you the shirt off her back, and judged no one, but didn’t believe. She did many wonderful things in her life, and was loving to everyone around her. She was very much like many people I know who feel they can earn their way to God and didn’t need to humble herself for God’s forgiveness. Worst thing she could ever do for herself, because now I don’t think I will ever see her again. It makes me sad, because its so easy, but she was stubborn and stupid at that same time. I miss her. Ok enough on that one.

Next is.. what number am I on.. oh yea.. 5. Be wise with your money. I have learned from the Bible that the love of money is a major problem in this world. People worship the love of money. And think it’s the be all of this world. I never really did that, I just wanted to have enough money to raise my kids and pay my bills, but there were times I have to admit. Certainly money is necessary to live in this world. We shouldn’t lust over money, but we do need to be wise with the way we handle it. In reading the Bible, I realize that God gives us things to enjoy. There is nothing wrong with having money and enjoying nice things. There is a problem though in thinking stuff will make us happy. you know that one anyway. You know how to enjoy life without money.. Im so happy about that one. Ya gotta trust in the Lord though, not in money. I think that the point in the Bible is, we should do what is right and be content with what God has given us.

Ok. number 6 - Ya reap what you sow, I find that if you do good, You get good. If you do bad, then you get bad. The more good you do, the better life will be. You have to think about things. Like think of it this way..I will use my garden for an example. If I planted one turnip seed, then I would reap one turnip and get a buck for that one turnip. Im using turnip because its growing like crazy and its all good. Now if I plant many turnip seeds, I will have tons of turnips and get tons of money for the work I did by looking after it. So the more good you do in this world, the more good will come to you. Don’t think God doesn’t see it. there is nothing secret before God. So think about that one.

Ok.. Number 7.. which is one you know because I told you so….. Treat others the way you want to be treated. I taught you the Golden Rule as a child, and it still holds today, that is straight out of the Bible. You have to learn to live peaceably with those around you. You have to learn to resolve any problems you have with people, and go to the person that has wronged you and try to work things out. If that doesn’t work then take a few people with you to that person, that way you have others to help you with their input to the real problem. sometimes this doesn't work though, cause you have the wrong people with you that want to make it bigger than it is and blow it further out of proportion. It is always better to deal with problems on your own, without others around. Don’t go around gossiping and making your private matter a subject of public news. I learned that one the hard way So .. read about Joseph. in Genesis. it is in the beginning of the bible, you will be able to identify big time with Joseph, I know I briefly told you the story in the last letter I wrote you but there is so much more in the Bible. Remember what I told you ….. well again.. here I go with more.

Briefly again, When the famine strikes, even Canaan is affected, where Josephs family lives, and Jacob (his dad) sends ten of his sons to Egypt to buy grain. While there, they meet their long-lost brother, whom they do not recognize. Joseph’s brothers bow down to him, remember? Joseph then reveals his identity to his brothers and forgives their wrongdoing. Jacob (his dad) and his family move to Egypt to be with Joseph. Jacob’s descendants stay in Egypt for 400 years, Joseph lived to be 110 years old. And his only request before he died was to take his bones back to be buried in his home. Then comes the time of Moses. When Moses leads the Hebrews out of Egypt, he takes the remains of Joseph with him, as Joseph had requested. So think about that.. Those people carried Joseph's bones around for 40 years. That makes me feel that bones are important, that is why I want mine buried not burned. Just my personal preference, people can do what they want when they die. When I read the bible I see that the faithful people were being buried, and the baddies were being burnt... makes me think its important. God knows who is in His book.. so does it really matter....... probably not. Moses is my next letter.

There is much to learn from Joseph’s story. As a mother, we have warnings concerning Jacob’s favoritism and the effects that can have on other children as seen in Joseph’s youthful pride and his brothers’ envy and hatred. We have a good example of how to handle sexual temptation—run! , and we have a clear picture of God’s faithfulness. He does not forsake His children, even in the midst of suffering: “the Lord was with Joseph”

There may be many distressing circumstances we find ourselves in, and some of them may even be unjust, as were those in Joseph’s life. However, as we learn from the account of Joseph’s life, by remaining faithful and accepting that God is ultimately in charge, we can be confident that God will reward our faithfulness in the fullness of time. Who would have blamed Joseph if he had turned his brothers away when they were in need? Nevertheless, God desires that we exercise mercy above all other sacrifices we may offer Him in our lives.

Perhaps most profoundly, Joseph’s story presents amazing insight into how God works to overcome evil and bring about His plan. After all his ordeals, Joseph is able to see God’s hand at work. As he reveals his identity to his brothers, Joseph speaks of their sin this way: “Do not be distressed and do not be angry with yourselves for selling me here, because it was to save lives that God sent me ahead of you. It was not you who sent me here, but God”. Later, Joseph again reassures his brothers, offering forgiveness and saying, “You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good”. Man’s most wicked intentions can never prevent the perfect plan of God. Joseph did live a good life, regardless of all the crap that he had to go through.. Read it you will see…

No comments:

Post a Comment